Company Advertises 'Prelisted' Properties' so intrigued me that I saved it to blog about. I know inventory is low this time of year. It is tempting to fall into a trap of being ahead of the game. However, any critical thinking person needs to evaluate the reasons behind the motivating cause of 'pre-listing' homes.
Here are some reasons an agent will pre-list a property:
- Cause a frenzy of expectations. It is to motivate the sale of the property and get a the talk going on the property.
- Gain clients for the agent. Yep, the bait and switch is always a possibility so watch out.
- Cause the neighbors to talk.
What Columbus Realtors® have to do in order to pre-list a property or have a coming soon sign:
- Have a signed listing agreement.
- Sign Notice of Exclusive Listing Not Available for Placement.
Be aware and be careful.