OMG You Charge Too Much
The title is a bit dramatic; but, yes, I do get that comment. It is always a challenge when I get that expletive statement. Mostly because that particular person does not want you to change their mind.
Let’s think about what all goes into being a Realtor:
1. Commitment – In order to make it in this business, you need to be committed to your career. It is a leap of faith to completely go on 100% commission.
2. Knowledge – Real Estate is an EVER changing environment.
- Association contracts are updated with some regularity with the changing times.
- New regulations on qualifications of buyers for mortgages.
- New guidelines for home inspections are updated.
3. Networking – Resources are an invaluable part of my real estate practice, whether it is great companies who share my passion for great customer service or asking a question of my other Realtor colleagues. Networking is an invaluable asset that has been cultivated over several years in my real estate practice.
I understand that these are not tangible things that I can park right in front of you to touch, see, or smell in order to justify the 6% commission on a listing contract or my share of the commission when I co-op with another agent. However, I do sell the invisible. I sell myself, my knowledge, and my resources.