“Is this a rental?”, the voice over the phone asks.
“No…” I replied.
“Do you have rentals?”, she asks.
“Sorry. I don’t have rentals at this time. What about the apartments located next door?”, I inquire.
“I don’t want to do that. I have been renting for 7 years.”, she says.
“Well, do you want to buy?” I continue the conversation.
“Yeah, I do; but, I just don’t know how to get started…”
How Do I Get Started…
I sometimes forget that people just don’t know how to get started to buy. It comes so naturally and simply for me because this is what I do everyday of the week. I help people with the process of buying.
Here are 5 steps to begin the buying process:
- Get a pre-approval. Please, please go get your finances check with a mortgage company. It makes you a better buyer if you know what you can afford before you land in my office.
- Get yourself an outstanding Real Estate agent. I can think of one – but I’m biased. A good Realtor® will guide you through the process and happily answer questions along the way. Plus, they will have connections and recommendations for you to get the deal done.
- Get friendly with the home inspector. They are going to tell you everything you want to know about your new purchase. You need to get to know your home!
- Know a home insurance agent. You are going to need insurance to get the mortgage approved so you might as well shop around to find out who is going to treat you well.
- Finally, get to know the utility companies that will service your home. You are going to need them so that when you purchase the home you have all your services on.
These are the basics to owning your new home. It’s nothing fancy; but, they will get you into a new place. Really, Real Estate. Real Simple. is my slogan because Real Estate can be Real Simple. You just need a great guide to get you there.