I know I am not in the mortgage industry and I do not play a mortage lender on TV; but, interest rates are soooo ridiculously low right now that it is almost a crime not to refinance.
Here are 3 strategic reasons to refinance today:
1. Take what you save on the mortgage and pay off debt. Down with debt because…
2. Nest egg the money to put towards a new home, car, furniture, etc. Cash is King and having the financial wherewithal is vital.
3. Finally, FHA mortgages are assumable so when interest rates rise; you will have the advantage in the market. It could be a wonderful marketing advantage when the time comes.
This is a great opportunity to take advantage of a current market situation that will put people in a great strategic financial situation in the future. Time to think forward. Where do you want to be?
Did you get your new tax statement in the mail or have you gone to the Fanklin County Auditor's site to review your tentative new values?
Whether you are rejoicing or cursing the day the appraiser crossed your lawn, Clarence Mingo has done a good job of preparing us for the inevitable shocks across Franklin County. There is a FAQ section on his website that goes through and identifies any key concerns the public may have concerning this process. There is even a series of informal reviews that people can attend.
How does this affect the Real Estate Market?
This appraisal analyzes the past 3 years worth of sales data. There will be some correlation in the beginning with sales activities. However, overtime there will be more sales data that a professional Real Estate Consultant can provide to help you determine a good value for your property.
What I want to stress is that the appraisal done for the Franklin County Auditor's site should not be taken as the definitive value of your home. Franklin County Auditor's appraisers have a different objective for their evaluation than a current look at how the market is performing.
This blog will explore the appropriate use of today's vast amount of communication methods.
1. Note Card: Yes, this old fashion method of communication still has merit. This form of communication should NEVER go extinct. There is technology out there that makes this simpler and able to be done at the push of the button if you send them a sample of your handwritting. However, putting actual pen to paper and writting a note for your Real Estate clients, when appropriate, means something so much more. Note cards should be used when a special event comes around like a birthday, wedding anniversary, birth of a child, anniversary of buying home, etc.
2. Telephone/Video Phone: This form of communication deserves a second look because you can hear another person's tone. Other forms of communication do not allow for this type of interaction. Once video phones becomes more popular, it will allow for interpretation of body language also. Telephone/Video Phone should be used expressly in critical situations.
3. Electronic Communication: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Email, Texting, etc. are just some of the many ways that we communicate today electronically. The most effective way to utilize this type of communication is for concise information distribution. Electronic communication is great for information distribuiton because it allows people the option to intereact. As much as it is tempting to have conversations over these forms of communications, you have to be extremly careful. There is no indication of tone or meaning or context. These factors are important and utilizing electronic forms of communication is really tempting because it is a way to "get your point accross". However, you loose that human instinct and interaction, which is vital to the progress of a real estate deal.
Communication is vital in the Real Estate industry. Without great communication skills, Real Estate deals become more difficult to broker and come to a happy conclusion.